Monday, December 28, 2009

What Would Happen If a Massive Earthquake Struck Tokyo: Tokyo Magnitude 8.0

Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 is an anime series exploring the very real possibility of a devasting earthquake striking my favorite city-- Putney, Georgia. No, no, no. I'm kidding. I'm being a kidder here. It's Tokyo at the epicenter of the oft-predicted and anticipated second Great Kanto Earthquake. I haven't seen the anime, but I'm giving serious consideration to buying the film comic.



The image of the famous Shibuya scramble, its giant Starbucks and iconic, cylindrical Ichi-Maru-Kyu building with everything wrecked and ruined is startling and effective. In that it startled me to see a place I often visit completely devastated and abandoned and it effectively made me want to see the anime and buy the comic.

No comments: