Thursday, August 19, 2010

This Story Makes No Sense!



I can't figure out what's going on here. Protagonist? Story? Action-to-action, aspect-to-aspect? What the-- ?! This guy sucks!

This is a one-page sample of some old pieces I did back when I had access to a state-of-the-art Mac graphic design workstation. Oh baby, I still get chills! I put this together the other day for a job application and thought I'd share it and make fun of it.

You can see a few of my obsessions-- Japanese pop culture, Batgirl, giant, destructive ants. The ant pic was a t-shirt design for a band I'm not sure is even still a band. I hope so, and wish them all the best. The redesign of Krypto is pretty amusing. Actually, I'm not sure what that's supposed to be. I think I just found a silly looking dog and a littler person who was a professional wrestler and combined the them with some kid's Superman costume for a vaguely disquieting image. That was during my "poor man's Charles Burns" phase.

No comments: