Friday, March 11, 2011

"Batmania 2"


This one is made up of a lot of Alex Toth swipes, plus a completely silly Batman inspired by the J.G. Jones cover to DC's First Wave #5. Remember when Batman used a gun and shot all the bad guys? I don't either, but I'm pretty sure he used to do that back in the 1940s.

That Batgirl is based on a Black Canary pose by Toth, but I've rendered the body into nothing more than a black blob. Pretty disappointing. But that bizarre Jughead figure with the incorrect nose dominates this image. I like him. He looks like he's got problems-- his left arm is a twisted, emaciated twig-like thing ending in a large, misshapen hand-- but he seems pretty cheerful so I'm not too worried about him. I admire the way he labels himself "Bughead," in deference to the Archie Comics people who would probably be heartbroken if he went around claiming to be the real Jughead Jones.

No comments: