Sunday, October 11, 2009

Spookey Month: 20th Century Boys... the Movie Trailer!



Because a mysterious millennial cult spreading biological terror is pretty scary stuff, right? This is the trailer for the first film in a trilogy adapting Urasawa Naoki's sci-fi mystery manga 20th Century Boys.

The third and final film was released here in Japan in August 2009 and made quite a stir. I'm not sure when the films will be released in North America, but the English translation of the Urasawa's manga series is available from Viz Media in a large and quite cool-looking edition. I just bought volume 2-- I didn't look closely enough at the cover; the interior art was so striking I got too excited about buying it and didn't know I'd bought the wrong one until after I'd read halfway through it!

No comments: