Thursday, October 28, 2010

A Very The Walking Dead Halloween to You!

Here's an Onion A/V Club interview with director Frank Darabont (The Shawshank Redemption, Green Mile, The Mist) about his upcoming TV series adaptation of Robert Kirkman's zombie apocalypse epic The Walking Dead. I'm more a fan of Kirkman's comic than I am of Darabont's films, although I have watched and enjoyed Shawshank several times (it's my oldest brother's favorite movie of all time). But it's the zombie apocalypse factor and my love for all the haggard survivors Kirkman throws at us month after month that has me anticipating the show's premiere the way those roamers outside the prison stronghold anticipated sinking their moldy teeth into human flesh.

Remember that storyline? When Rick and his group holed up in the prison (issues 13-48)? And katana-wielding Michonne showed up? And then the Governor came and things went all pear-shaped? Yeah. That was so cool.

No comments: