Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Jillian Tamaki's Indoor Voice is Out Now...

I'm late. It's been out for a week or so now, but since I live across the ocean I don't always get to learn of these things in a timely manner. Jillian Tamaki did the exquisite artwork for one of my favorite graphic novels of the past few years, the Eisner-nominated Skim (equally beautifully written by her cousin Mariko). And now she has a new book, which doesn't seem to be a narrative exactly. Hey, to be perfectly honest, I don't know what it is but I want it. The Amazon description is a bit cryptic and the Amazon.jp description is in Japanese. I don't have to have it explained to me. That it contains Tamaki's art is enough.

I feel a little guilty for not having read Emiko Superstar by Mariko and Steve Rolston. Both these books are going on my Amazon wish list as of tonight.

No comments: