Friday, August 10, 2012

Tokyo comics junket underway...

Yesterday I bought a metric ton of Dark Horse's Lone Wolf and Cub series for the ridiculously low, low price of 290 yen each.  Mostly later volumes.  Where?  At Tower Records, Shibuya.  They're having quite the sale at the moment.  I also bought Showcase Presents Batman and the Outsiders volume one, but I overpaid for that.  I had a copy a few years ago but gave it away to one of my English students.  I believe it's out of print or at least scarce now, so I had to snap it up at full price despite being a bit soured on DC lately, and this copy showing some serious shelf-wear.  Gotta have early Katana adventures, though.  She's the only current DC character I like, and mostly because her costume looks so cool.

Today I'm going to brave the Tokyo broiler and find Blister in Nihonbashi or Chuo.  Wherever it
is.  I need to buy Dark Horse Presents with the new Nexus stories.  Getting there is going to take some effort, so here's hoping it's worth it.  If I don't find anything to buy there, I'll retreat to Kinokuniya in Shinjuku and buy some Nana.

No comments: