Tuesday, April 29, 2014

IDW's got this crazy New Gods Artist's Edition coming out...

Have you seen this monster?  I'll bet it weighs twenty or thirty pounds!  If you're as big a Jack Kirby nut as I am (and some of you are bigger Kirby nuts because I've talked to you or read your online postings), you're going to want this.  Not only does it have Kirby's New Gods stories from issues 1-8 printed from the originals as if they are the originals (notes and paste-ups and corrections and all that secret stuff revealed), it's got fold-outs in full color.  Fold-outs of concept paintings and maps

I never imagined the Jack Kirby New Gods Artist's Edition was going to be cheap by any means.  It's not.  It's $125.00.  But it has to be worth it, because from what I've seen so far, the book isn't just full of treasures; it has the potential of being a treasure itself!

No comments: