Thursday, September 2, 2010

Jurassic Dork: A Comic Page...


This is the final page of a 3-page comic I did way back in 1993 as a Christmas gift for friends in lieu of spending money. A few years later, after learning Photoshop, I went back and added gray tones. Really went to town on them, too.

The end result is an awkward, muddy mix of styles, realistic images slavishly rendered from stills (actually Topps Jurassic Park bubblegum cards), terrible anatomy on the semi-cartooned protagonist, absolutely no panel-to-panel flow because of an over-reliance on reference, some tangents, poor word balloon placement. Just about every no-no, and the first 2 pages are no better; they're mercifully lost. If I were reviewing this as part of an actual comic book story, I'd slam the bejeezus out of it. Wait... I just did!

Hopefully, I've learned a lot in the last 17 years. Anyway, enjoy!

No comments: