Wednesday, September 29, 2010

It's Green Hornet, You Jerks!


I go to check my email and look what I find. I don't know about you, but this kind of ignorance or incompetence or combination of both simply infuriates me. Seth Rogen is playing Green Hornet, not Green Lantern.

How hard is it to tell these characters apart? Green Hornet is Britt Reid, son of a wealthy newspaper publisher. He has no superpowers and fights crime with the help of his driver/expert martial artist Kato. Green Lantern is one of a number of interstellar police officers who keep the peace by wielding power rings, with which they can produce energy fields of various effects.

Wow! I am so, so angry right now! I am outraged! I want to punch something! I'm going to punch outer space, probably create a black hole of some kind! We'll see what happens when it devours our sun, won't we! I'm going to punch recorded history and probably wreck the timeline, so don't blame me if Belgium invents the television or birds evolve into supergeniuses with great big external brains for some reason, although such an adaptation would no doubt run counter to survival of the species. Blame those hacks at MSN!

Man!

PS: Congratulations, Seth Rogen and Lauren Miller!

No comments: