Wednesday, March 17, 2010

You Want Some Original Steve "The Dude" Rude Art?

Why wouldn't you want some original Steve "The Dude" Rude art? That guy is awesome! He takes the best of Russ Manning, combines it with a huge portion of Andrew Loomis, then adds Jack Kirby superheroic dynamism and Dr. Seuss surrealism to make art that's both retro and futuristic. He's one of American comics's finest renderers of the human form.

His recent commission sketches of old time Marvel characters like Gwen Stacy in all her early 1970s glory accurately capture the feel of Gil Kane and John Romita without swiping; some of them look as if a staffer at the House of Ideas opened a forgotten file cabinet and hit the Bristol board jackpot.

And as he says: "Make an offer on anything! Covers, pages, more. Going, going gone!"

If I weren't in the middle of a trans-Pacific move and hard up for cash at the moment, I'd snag some original pages for myself. I highly suggest you do what I cannot.

No comments: